Inclusion/ Social justice
1) Sum up what kind of person you are in 5 words.
Decaf Earl Grey unsweetened oatmilk (you can tell a lot about people by their tea preferences eh!)
2) Which aspect of the church are you responsible to steer?
Inclusion/ Social jusitce
3) What are you passionate to see happen in this part of our church life?
.I want everyone to feel welcome and valued at RDCC - just as they are. And hope we can encourage and empower each other to use our unique God-given gifts to bless our community.
4) Which 5 words sum up the kind of church you want to see here in the Royal Docks?
Friendly, diverse, inspiring, challenging and caring.
5) What’s your ‘real job’? What do you do in the working week?
I am Co-Director of a charity called Bonny Downs Community Association, based 15 mins away from our church in the neighbourhood I grew up in. I’m responsible for developing our poverty relief projects and am also studying a Masters in Social Justice and Humanitarian Development. My charity works in partnership with the West Silvertown Foundation team (including fellow RDCChurch steerers Chloe, Jee and Helen). We all share a vision of breaking down barriers, bringing people together and building people up across our beautiful borough.
6) What’s the best thing about life in the Royal Docks?
“Outstanding” schools that give disadvantaged East End children the highest quality education … but I’m biased because my hubby works in Royal Wharf Primary!